I am pleased to inform our families, who observe a Halal diet, that as of the 24th April 2017, all Halal meals will be freshly prepared in our newly installed Halal kitchen. A selection of meals you will find on the new menu range from Halal Sheesh Kebab, Halal Keema Roll and Halal Pasta Bolognaise. The range of nutritionally balanced meals will be much better than the Halal packs we currently have which are cooked off site and re heated in our kitchen. I am looking forward to a much better range of foods and we hope the children will soon have their favourites from the menu full of fresh ingredients, prepared every day on our own site.
If you would like your child to have a school dinner, please pay £10.00 per week via Parent Pay. If you still pay cash, please use the drop box outside the school entrance.
We look forward to more children joining us for a healthy meal in the middle of the day and as always, your feedback in this matter is most welcome.
How to apply for Free School Meals
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Registering for Free School Meals means your school gets extra money from the government, known as Pupil premium. For more information on free meals please telephone 01274 432772 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also apply online at: