Our Early Reading and Phonics is supported by the following schemes:
- Collins Big Cat
- Rising Stars
- Bug Club
Our Early Reading and Phonics Lead has organised all early reading books into the appropriate Phases of learning in phonics.
We follow the Letters and Sounds Phonics scheme.
Please click on the link below to see St. Oswald's C.E. Primary Academy 'Reading Promise'
Use the links below to find fantastic free resources to help you to support your child when reading at home.
- Fantastic free resource
- 250 free books to read
- All ages from reception to year 6 and beyond
- To access just create a login using your own email address and choose a password.
- Along with the books there are great tips and advice for reading with your child
- All books can now be read on tablets/ phones as well as a PC/ laptop.
- Useful tips for reading with your child
- a really useful website with free resources for helping your child to develop a love of reading.
- Includes videos and links to others reading help and support.
- Gives you access to the free Book Trust materials