School Development Plan - 2016/17
We have nine objectives on our School Development Plan (or Post OfSTED Recovery Plan). The objectives are:
- To improve attendance to at least 96%, and reduce Persistent absence to National Average (8.4%)
- Swiftly improve the quality of teaching and learning so that it is at least consistently good across all subjects by:
- increasing expectations of what pupils can do so they are consistently high
- setting work that matches the needs and abilities of pupils and challenges them appropriately
- making sure that pupils of all abilities present their work neatly and take pride in their work
- skilfully questioning pupils to probe and deepen their understanding
- assessing pupils’ learning to adjust work appropriately if they are not making good progress.
- Rapidly improve the outcomes for all groups of pupils to make sure that they are at least good by:
- accelerating pupils' progress so that attainment is at least average in reading, writing and mathematics
- closing gaps in attainment between disadvantaged pupils and other pupils nationally
- deepening pupils' knowledge, skills and understanding in a wide range of subjects, especially science, history, geography and modern foreign languages
- expecting pupils to write at length in a wide range of subjects to deepen their knowledge
- strengthening the application of mathematics across a wide range of subjects.
- Improve the provision in the early years so that:
- children can access more reading, writing and number activities in the outdoor area
- boys are engaged more effectively in learning so that their progress in reading, writing and mathematical skills improve at a faster rate.
- Rapidly improve the impact of leadership at all levels
- Rapidly improve the impact of leadership at all levels - middle / subject leaders
- Trust (BDAT) support and involvement
- Rapidly improve the impact of governance
- To improve performance of PP children ensuring funding is used to narrow the gap
Performance Management Arrangements - 2016/17
Every member of staff in school are set performance management objectives. This year the focus is for:
- Improve quality of teaching
- Improve progress of pupils
- A personal target, based on the objectives above (e.g. progress of groups of pupils, writing across subjects etc
- A leadership or UPS target if applicable
If you have any questions on how we are improving school, please get in touch.
Contact us: email@example.com